CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUP "CRACK" BARS
These ooey-gooey chocolate masterpieces are called crack bars for a reason—they have three delectable layers, each better than the last, and they are absolutely, positively addicting.
They are kind of a ~process~ to make but TOTALLY WORTH IT. And, you can keep them in the freezer so you won't feel too tempted to eat the whole batch in one go.
The first layer is decadent chocolate brownies. The second? Chopped roasted peanuts and peanut butter cups. And that thick, chocolatey top? It's semisweet chocolate chips, creamy peanut butter, and Rice Krispies. Oh, yes. All of those things could be in your mouth SO SOON.
1 box brownie mix (not family size)
1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
12 peanut butter cups, chopped
2 cups semisweet (or dark!) chocolate chips
1 tbsp butter
1 heaping cup creamy peanut butter
1 3/4 cups rice krispies
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. bake brownies according to directions in a 9x9 pan lined with foil.
2. during the last 5 minutes of baking, remove from oven and sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups and peanuts on top. bake remaining 5 minutes to melt the chocolate.
3. when you pull out of the oven, use an off-set spatula to spread the melty peanut butter cups around. let brownies cool.
4. in a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter and heat for 1 minute, stirring when done. continue heating 20 seconds at a time if needed.
5. stir in cereal, vanilla, and salt until combined. pour over brownies and smooth. chill about 2 hours. cut into squares and serve!
this recipe was adapted from cookies and cups.