I'm on a mission to master all the baking skills, meaning my kitchen is constantly churning out cookies, muffins, and random things I see on Buzzfeed Videos. I knew I couldn't call myself a cookie master (cookie monster?) if I didn't make some classic peanut butter cookies, so here we are.
I really only keep extra crunchy peanut butter on hand (it's what I was raised on), and it honestly worked fine in these soft cookies. All it does is add a little more crunch!
Here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick, 4 ounces), room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Beat butter until creamy (I used my hand mixer)
2. Add sugars, beat until creamy & combined
3. Mix in peanut butter & egg
4. Whisk together your dry ingredients, mix into sugar/butter mixture
5. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 3 hours. You do this so the cookies retain their shape!
6. Preheat oven to 375°.
7. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls or bigger if you want! Pretty sure these ended up being like 2 inch balls.
8. Use a fork to create the criss-cross pattern on top.
9. Pop into the oven for 9-10 minutes.
10. Cool and enjoy :)
Have a recipe you'd love for me to tackle? Let me know in the comments!